“When I created Kitexperiment, I didn’t want it to be just a kitesurfing school. I wanted to show the coast in a different way, by exploiting the downwinds.
The downwind consists to start from a point A and arrive at a point B following the wind direction. It is a kite excursion of a few hours or more.
Today I propose two formulas lasting one week, the first between Taiba and jericoacoara, and the second between Jericoacoara and Atins.
The objective is to discover the spots in the region, calmly. Every independent kiter has the opportunity to enjoy this adventure. No great physical conditions are required, because we adapt. Cars always follow us on the beach to ensure the safety and transport of equipment, so that we can take a break or change kites in case of need.
In addition, I offer advanced coaching at Icarai de Amontada, giving you the chance to make shorter downwind in the surrounding area.
What do I like about downwind?
- On one hand, the peace of mind in enjoying a few uncrowded spots during the day, on the other hand, the possibility to socialize and celebrate in the evening, while arriving in places that are a bit more touristy.
- We discover nature in a way we’re not used to experience.
- We meet turtles, dolphins, fish jumping between our legs, as well as fishermen in the middle of nowhere.
- We discover wave spots as well as flat areas according to the tides.
- Each downwind is different even if you make 10 times the same route, because the tide and wind change the shape of the coast.
- The sharing experienced with a group that is often heterogeneous.
- Going on an adventure without going back to the starting point is a feeling I love.
Over time I have tried to adapt this experience in order to share it with the maximum number of people, making it accessible to the greatest number of kitesurfers of all levels, as long as they are autonomous.
We are not many to organize this service.
It took me 3 years to finalize this project, in order to respect some fundamental criteria:
- Quality of service
- Small group, maximum 8 people
- An experienced team, the guide on the water and the driver on the ground
- Adaptation during the week to please each member of the group
- Anyone who is autonomous can participate
Kitexperiment is, in fact, experiencing new experiences, such as downwind and advanced courses. The latter are not necessarily held in one place, but it is possible to develop them as small-scale downwind courses.
Proposing new experiences and innovations is my aim.
I’m used to comparing the work of a downwind guide to a high mountain guide. You need to know the dangers, know how to react at the right time and know how to say “no” when necessary, to ensure the safety of the group.
I acquired the skills to propose this activity thanks to 20 years of experience in kitesurfing and 11 years of life spent on the Brazilian coast, between Taiba and Atins.
I’m glad I started this project and happy to share it with you”.